Arthur Galan dress and jacket, Samantha Willis songbird necklace in coral, L’Oreal Paris Nutrisummer, Ashbury Day Tripper shades in red, Sportsgirl striped cotton scarf, Trove Tkees sandles in foundations – beach bum, Mimco Natura clutch, Country Road trilby, Mimco Lucy tote, Mimco Poppy Love brooch, Annick Goutal Eau d’Hadrien
Spring has sprung… And with it comes warmer days, lighter dressing and outdoor socialising. That means, it’s time to update your wardrobe… and your winter habits.
Here’s some essential tips for Spring:
1. Move away from the black! Whilst we love it, it starts to look a bit heavy at this time of year. Update your wardrobe with oranges and peaches – the ‘It’ colour of the season. And, if you must wear black (like me) – pick some key pieces and mix them up
2. Make sure you wear SPF everyday and carry a hat and sunnies with you at all times. Be smart, opt for fake tan instead of a real one
3. Ditch the red wine. If you’re anything like me, this is also hayfever season. The histamines in wine are only going to make that worse. Order a cocktail instead. I love Japanese Slippers – which is made from equal parts Midori, lemon juice and Triple Sec. Mix them together with some ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake shake shake – and pour into a cocktail glass. Yum!
4. Update your scent – opt for something light and fresh. Try something with citrus notes, like Annick Goutal Eau d’Hadrien which is made up of Sicilian lemon, citron, grapefruit and cypress
5. Finally, get out and about – the sun is shining, the air is crisp… Enjoy!
Want to win tickets to the exclusive Blackberry Curve launch tonight in Melbourne? Thanks to Midori, I have two tickets to this exciting event at Carousel, Albert Park Lake at 7pm. To enter, become a fan of the House of Turtle fan page on Facebook and then comment and tell me what you like to mix Midori with! The competition will close at 3.30pm EST – then the winner will be drawn from a hat. Make sure you are free to attend the event tonight! There are two tickets for ONE winner.