Toff it up for The Ashes with this tee and brooch, teamed with jeans and a blazerSass and Bide – A Pocketful of Dreams
What an exciting week! Tahnee won Australia’s Next Top Model (though Cassie got the judges vote), Project Runway Australia started and outed it’s first designer, The Ashes began… and finally, new season look books are starting to come to life with stock now arriving in store.
New seasons are great because you get the opportunity to explore. Most designers gradually introduce their range into the stores, so you can do a bit of style stalking without making rash decisions. I love planning which pieces will work with my wardrobe (and which ones I’ll need to buy a new one for).
I also love that there’s a general buzz of excitement from the sales crew about the new items. Often they’re wearing the soon-to-be-released pieces too – a tell tale sign of the great stuff coming in.
Quick Tip: During the sales check out the next season’s look books to make sure you’re not going to regret your purchases (nothing worse than wishing you had saved your money when the next season hits).
Here’s my Top 10 of what’s new this week:
1. Sportsgirl have developed a fabulous interactive website. In addition to showing off their range, they’ve got chat, music downloads and all-round fun. Have your say now
2. Souvenir Delirium II is in at Mimco. I call it modern old school, or old school modern – others might just call it mod
3. Sass and Bide‘s new range is as always truly fabulous. I’ve already been in three times this week. I love the simplicity of the Pocketful of Dreams tee, and that every season works collectively with the last
4. Project Runway Australia is back. It won’t be long before the claws are out
5. Rachel Zoe is willing to share her fashion and lifestyle tips in The Zoe Report – sign up now for updates from the Mistress of Style
6. Read Net-A-Porter’s interview with Roland Mouret – who shares three versatile ways to wear his Top Tunic Dress (TTD)
7. Hollywood’s latest denim obsession,Jet by John Eshaya is now available at Miijo
8.Bruno is out. At the cinemas (Ange and I are seeing it tonight – can’t wait)
9. The results of theAustralia Beauty Awards 2009 are in.
10. Aesop release their first CD this month, Aesop 105 Minutes said to be their “respite from urban clamour”