So sorry for my absence lately. I’ve been severely under the pump at work with no time to blog. 😦
This week’s Top 10 Friday is an important one… as it’s dedicated to your Mum, and to mine.
I love my Mum. She’s one of the greatest women I have ever known, and if I can even be half the woman she was, then I would be proud. I know she’s proud of me already – Mums give us that unconditionally.
My Mum is no longer with us, yet she’s always in my heart. I have so many fond memories of the times we spent together, the laughter, the shopping trips, the adventures… and of course our wonderful chats.
For me my fondest memories are not necessarily the super special occasions, it’s the experiences or random moments. The little things that pop up that remind me of her every day. For example, I walked in to Miss Louise the other day and immediately flashed back to my childhood when my Mum would take me in there to look at bags and shoes (when they were located at the Grand Hyatt. Now at The Westin, Collins St). No guesses where I get my shopping habits from… though my Dad’s just as bad!
Even the little things that we take for granted, like making omelets. Dad says I make the best omelets. I, of course, agree.There remains an unspoken word between us though, which is that I make them exactly the way Mum taught me.
Whilst I can’t spend time with my Mum this Mothers’ Day, she will never be far from my thoughts, as I’m sure yours is never far from yours – whether she is near or far away.
Here are some gift ideas for your Mum. I hope she has a fabulous day – be sure to look after her. 🙂
1. Limited edition Pink Rose Diptyque candle from Peony Melbourne. Packaged beautifully in a pink box covered with roses.
2. Make Mum a special breakfast, lunch or dinner – bring out the best cutlery and china.
3. Buy her a beautiful scarf. Whilst Hermes would be nice, you can also pick up more affordable scarves at David Jones.
4. Buy her tickets to the French and Saunders Australian Tour (June-July). Guaranteed laughs!
5. A beautiful bunch of your Mum’s favourite flowers is always a winner.
6. Get Mum some nice tunes to listen to – classic faves for Mum include Carla Bruni, Madeleine Peyroux and Fleetwood Mac.
7. Pop into Dinosaur Designs for fabulously bright and unique pieces that are bound to bring some colour into her day.
8. Grab a box of popcorn and watch these girly DVDs together – Sex and The City, Beaches, Steel Magnolias, To Catch a Thief, and Breakfast at Tiffanys.
9. Get up early and run or walk in the Mothers’ Day Classic to support the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
10. Give your Mum a big hug and tell her how much you love her (if you live far away, dedicate at least an hour and have a nice long chat on the phone).
Wishing a fabulous day to all!